Membership Procedure and Information
As of January 28, 2020
- Complete all sections of the membership application and return by email to email@example.com or by mail to the address shown on the application. Be sure all sections are initialed, signed, and witnessed as needed. The application will be returned if incomplete. ASHI® Certified Inspectors and InterNACHI Certified Master Inspectors® are automatically qualified for professional inspector membership and need only submit the proper membership application (found by clicking here).
- Choose the payment option you wish (see Dues section below).
- The application will be reviewed within five (5) days of receipt and a welcome email will be sent notifying the applicant of all actions necessary to complete the requirements of membership and any other information which may be helpful.
- In most instances, an applicant will automatically be classified as a FABI Aspiring Associate Inspector. Aspiring associate inspectors can then upgrade their membership by completing the requirements for associate inspector and then registered professional inspector.
- To earn the FABI Associate Inspector designation, the inspector must provide one home inspection report, completed by the applicant. This must be a full home inspection (no condos, wind mits, etc.). This report must have the client’s personal information removed. This report will be reviewed by the membership committee to ensure that it meets the FABI Standards of Practice. In addition, the applicant must submit proof of 100 full home inspections completed by the applicant. This proof must be in the form of a list including the date and complete address of each inspection (a sample spreadsheet will be sent to the applicant upon membership). This list will be reviewed by the membership committee, who may, at its discretion ask to see any of the reports that correspond with the inspections on the list. Associates will not receive the logo, membership certificate, or name badge until this information is received and approved.
- To earn the FABI Registered Professional Inspector (RPI) designation, an inspector must submit proof of 250 full home inspections completed by the associate inspector (may include the original 100 inspections completed as required for associate inspector membership). Again, this proof must be in the form of a list including the date and complete address of each inspection. This list will be reviewed by the membership committee, who may, at its discretion ask to see any of the reports that correspond with the inspections on the list. Once RPI membership is granted, this list will be removed from the member’s file and destroyed.
- Once all requirements are met for the RPI designation, and before board approval is requested, the member will be asked to update their original membership application. This updated application will be sent to the board for final approval to move up to RPI status.
- Within one year of becoming an RPI, the member must take and pass the standards and ethics portion of the Florida Home Inspection Exam (FHIE)™. If the applicant passed the FHIE in order to become licensed, they have already met this requirement.