Membership Procedure and Information
As of March 2022
- Complete all sections of the membership application. The application will be returned if incomplete. ASHI® Certified Inspectors and InterNACHI Certified Master Inspectors® are automatically qualified for RPI membership and need only submit the membership application (found by clicking here).
- Choose the payment option you wish (see Dues section below).
- The application will be reviewed within five (5) days of receipt and a welcome email will be sent notifying the applicant of all actions necessary to complete the requirements of membership and any other information which may be helpful.
- To earn the FABI Associate Inspector designation, the inspector must provide one home inspection report, completed by the applicant. This must be a full home inspection (no condos, wind mits, etc.). This report must have the client’s personal information removed. This report will be reviewed by the membership committee to ensure that it meets the FABI Standards of Practice.
- To earn the FABI Registered Professional Inspector (RPI) designation, an inspector must submit proof of 250 full home inspections completed by the associate inspector. This proof must be in the form of a list including the date and complete address of each inspection. This list will be reviewed by the membership committee, who may, at its discretion ask to see any of the reports that correspond with the inspections on the list. Once RPI membership is granted, this list will be removed from the member’s file and destroyed.
- Once all requirements are met for the RPI designation, and before board approval is requested, the member will be asked to update their original membership application. This updated application will be sent to the board for final approval to move up to RPI status.
- Within one year of becoming an RPI or MPI, the member must take and pass the standards and ethics portion of the Florida Home Inspection Exam (FHIE)™. If the applicant passed the FHIE in order to become licensed, they have already met this requirement.